about 5 years ago
Happy Monday, Bluemixathon community!
This Wednesday, October 21, you're invited to our online office hours from 2-3pm EST. We'll be hanging out with IBM developerWorks program manager Leah Ketring and IBM senior developer Ian Oeschger to walk you through hackathon nuts and bolts, give you an overview of Bluemix services, and answer your questions.
Here’s what we’ll cover during this virtual session:
- Registering for the hackathon and for Bluemix services
- How to determine whether your Bluemix trial has been extended & how to troubleshoot
- Overview of the Bluemix dashboard & how to get started
- App ideas for using Bluemix Watson services
- Other support options (dW Answers)
- How to submit your app to the Bluemixathon
- Open Q&A
Just go to the Google Hangout to participate. We hope you can join us!
In the meantime, you might want to check out this talk by IBM's CTO of cloud architectures, Kyle Brown. Kyle gives a great step-by-step overview of how to conceive and create new technology for disaster aid within the framework of psychology theorist Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Using these fundamental human needs as a jumping off point, Kyle shows you how to use Bluemix runtimes, services, open source tools, and APIs to create apps that help people affected by natural and man-made disasters.